The Mini-Gastric Bypass is a mixed type procedure as combines 2 mechanisms: Restriction (at a small, thin stomach created) and Mal absorption (as a bridge created between the stomach and instestine).
At a small thin (approximately 100 ml.) Stomach created the patient consumes only a small amount of food since satiety is favored and with the bridge the food in not absorbed in full, resulting in weight loss. It is a procedure metabolic effect (causing a beneficial hormonal change because it causes the increase of other hormones that increase metabolism) is why It causes changes known as Effect Metabolic. This procedure has a success rate very high and also a very favorable effect in diabetic patients.
The Mini-Gastric Bypass has a high percentage of success in weight loss (70-800% overweight), many patients succeed to reach their ideal when they follow the program properly .
To whom can be applied?
- Individuals from 18 to 60 years (with some exceptions of age) with moderate to severe obesity (BMI of 40 kg/m2 or greater)
- People with a BMI of 35 kg/m2 with diabetes, hypertension, etc.
- People with complications caused by obesity itself (diabetes, hypertension, etc.)
- People with a BMI of 40 kg/m2 and repeated failure in weight loss attempts with other nonsurgical methods
- People with dysfunctional or failed gastric banding or gastric sleeve and incomplete weight loss
What are the advantages offers me the Mini Gastric Bypass?
The advantages of Mini-Gastric Bypass are several: It is done by laparoscopy (without opening the abdomen), causes an excellent weight loss, causes feelings of adequate satiety, no adjustments are required, anxiety is reduced by eating and causes a great metabolic improvement. The biggest advantage is that there is great improvement in health and even healing of associated diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, heart and lung problems, etc. Thus improving the quality of life and self-esteem of patients.